Lifetime journalist and baseballf fan who grew up with the Royals

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Magic Royals moments: A fan's personal history

By Phil Ellenbecker
  Hi, I've been a Kansas City Royals fan since the time I started following sports on a regular basis, which is the year 1969, which was the year of their inception. So you could say I've grown up with the Royals.
  Not that I can say i've always been a die-hard fan, following every game and sticking with them through thick and thin. I've been more a fair weather fan, which means lots of foul weather a lot of these years. But there have been a lot of great moments, too, and the Royals have been a big part of my sporting life, so I'd like to take this opportunity to take a look at my most memorable Royals moments and games. This is not a definitive look at their greatest moments, although some certainly qualify. Some have been done to death, some cannot be done to death enough. It's just a personal look at what it's been like to follow the Royals through the years.
  Most of the details in these accounts came from retrosheet.com and baseballreference.org, which are the greatest contributions ever to the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment